Friday, May 6, 2011

Got My Crazy On

Seriously...you didn't just flip me off...you've got to be fucking kidding me...this is the one...this is the one...

The moment had been brewing for weeks...the crazy was bound to come out.  I had warned my closest friends...at some instant I was going to unleash on some unsuspecting....unconnected soul.  I fantasized about it...hoped for it...thought it would help in some way.  What a let down...

Apparently as I was driving home from my therapy session...thinking about Susan through my tears...I was moving too slow for the Left Lane Idiot behind me.  He flew the bird as he growled past me...my tears turned to rage...

Now I'm going to follow your ass...no idea what I was going to do, but I was going to think of something.  He made the left on yellow...I made it on red...rolling stop at the stop sign... I went through it...now he was thinking.

Quick left into a subdivision...me too...who knows maybe I live there too...maybe I live close to you...  Right, Left, Right...He turned out of the subdivision.  He headed back from the direction he came...now he knows...

We both made the first light...we made the second light...the third time was the charm.  I was right behind him glaring into his rear view mirror.

I can see your eyes in the mirror...yes, I'm really putting it in park...yes, my door is opening...oh shit...I just got out of my car...my skinny ass really isn't that scary. 


Susan ran through my head.  Who was I mad at?  Now I was standing in the street.  What was I really going to do?  Exactly what Susan would expect...

I got in my car.  I drove away.  I cried all the way to the cemetery.  I went and talked to her about my stupidity.  I pleaded with God.  I cursed God.  I left her.  I missed her.    

1 comment:

  1. First thing I thought about when I read this was a time I was driving the two of us to Chicago Ridge Mall, half-a-lifetime ago. Some crazed hillbilly on 294 started tailgating and honking at me/us when we merged out of the toll area (well before I-PASS), neither of us recalling what I may have done to anger him so. Eventually, he got out of the car when we were stopped at some point and started banging on my windshield with his fat, greasy fist. He weighed twice as much as both of our skinny asses combined - thank God the story ended there!

    I've both been the Left Lane Idiot and chased the Left Lane Idiot, so I can definitely relate to this one. Missy always tries to remind me that you never know what state of mind or situation the other person is, so just to let it go. I'm glad you still listen to Susan's wisdom - I need to listen to Missy more often as well.

    Love you bro,
    Anand

    ReplyDelete