Tuesday, May 24, 2011

But I Always Leave

It's a small, peaceful cemetery....

I visit often...

Just to feel connected...

She's not there...

But I don't know where else to find her...

Sometimes I talk...

Sometimes I cry...

Sometimes I curse...

Sometimes I scream...

But I always leave...

That's when I feel ashamed...as I leave...

I get to go...

To live...

To try and carry on...

She doesn't...

How did this happen?

How did I let this happen?

Why couldn't I stop it?

I promised to always be there for her...

But eventually I have to leave...

2 comments:

  1. I am loving reading your blog, I like seeing the similarities in how we feel. I am so sorry for your loss, and I know how painful it is. I hope your writing, like mine, is a good means of coping for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Allison. It means a lot to hear feedback...I feel very exposed at times by writing this blog...but it is truly helping me...

    Sean

    ReplyDelete