Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Reminders

Last week I opened up Luke's backpack frantically looking for his homework.  

The nightly routine had caught up with me...the mad rush to get it all done before bedtime was in full swing...and my nerves were melting down.

Alongside my raised voice...and under his lunchbox...and between his library books...I found something unexpected...something that made my frenzied pace freeze.  

It wasn't the paper I was looking for...but it was something I had been searching for lately...a reminder.  




A reminder of what Susan gave me...the gift of two amazing boys...so full of love...and laughter...and their mother.

What happened to Susan is still incomprehensible at times...and what we live through each day is often extraordinarily difficult.

But I do have those two incredible reminders.

And on certain days...even if I'm frustrated...angry...desperate...or lonely...my boys are just enough...to bring that smile back to my face.



5 comments:

  1. Sean, So glad Susan brought YOU, Luke and Ben into our lives. Many hugs and so much love go out to you today. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean, I can't think of the right words to describe this post...Susan's goodness, kindness and love will always be there to see when you look at your boys...
    NJM

    ReplyDelete
  3. This brought a tear to my eye... I am glad you have those two beautiful boys as reminders of Susan's precious life.

    Annette

    ReplyDelete