Monday, August 15, 2011

Pictures

Pictures of Susan...

These are the same images that have hung on our walls forever...they've always been up.

They've been in the same place for the last six months...but suddenly...I'm noticing them.

They are catching my eye...catching me off guard...in moments of peace...that quickly turn to moments of grief.

I see these pictures from angles I haven't before.

They sneak up on me as I turn a corner...or pick up a sock...or catch my reflection in a mirror.

They leave me longing...to go back in time...when I was next to her...when I was holding her...when we were a family of four.

So what do I do?

Take them down...so I don't hurt...so I don't ache.

Remove all sight of my love?

Or just continue to meet the pain each day...as each photo catches me.

Will I move past this?

Will I begin to feel joy in those images again...instead of holding sadness in my heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment